Any experienced driver or veteran of countless road trips knows that there are certain things you don’t leave home without. Its smart to be prepared and ready for all eventualities when you go with a road trip because one tiny setback could mean the end of the road for yourself.
So, what’s in your trunk?
Well, here are a few ideas of the things that you should carry in your trunk at all times, and particularly if you’re heading to get a lengthy road trip.
• Tools for changing tires – it may sound ridiculously obvious but you’d be surprised at the amount of people cruise the freeways without carrying the stuff they’ll need if they obtain a flat. Just because you have a donut in the trunk it doesn’t mean that you will be prepared for anything. It just signifies that you’ll can get to the service station where you’ll have to pay big bucks to purchase a tire (if they happen to have the right one) and have it fitted etc. Inflated tire with you that’s really called being prepared if you carry a jack and spare.
• Battery Charger / Jumper Cables – it’s a highly known fact that car batteries run out of juice at the most inconvenient times. All you need to do would be to pull over for a while or spend the night in a motel and you’re in the danger zone. You might find a friendly motorist who will pull over and help you but you can’t rely on that. Carry your own jumper battery and cables charger being on the safe side.
• Road Atlas – yes, I’m not that old i haven’t heard about GPS or smartphones but those things usually are not infallible and they also don’t work in some of the dead spots you could discover yourself driving through. A road atlas, on the other hand will be there to hold you on the right track.
• Full Gas Can – when your road trip is for the purpose of getting from it all then remember that part of the “”all”” may be gas stations. As you drive by a sign which reads “”Last Gas for 200 Miles”” you’d better know all about the fuel economy of your motor or you could have a very long walk in front of you. The ideal idea is always to carry a full gas can just in case.
• Water and Food – you may fancy the notion of eating the right path from one burger joint to a different one but realistically you need to carry some supplies with you too. Imagine wearing down in the middle of nowhere with nothing to eat. That doesn’t seem like much fun now does it? You should always carry non perishable food stuffs within your car for emergencies and breakdowns. If you don’t eat it then that’s no problem, particularly if it’s non perishable.
Should they be not managed promptly and appropriately so it’s always a good idea to carry a basic first aid kit along in case of emergency, • Emergency First Aid Kit – even minor injuries can become dangerous. Make sure that you make it well stocked too and view it over from time to time to be used by dates etc.
There are many terrific cars available at santa ana jeep which are just perfect for taking you and your family or friends on a road trip – they’ve got some pretty big trunks too so you’ll be able to easily fit in all of these things. Check out the details at OC Auto and see for yourself.